" Encourage Effort: Celebrate Success "
About Us > Welcome
Cogan Primary School is situated at the heart of the community it serves. It first opened its doors in 1884. We are situated on the outskirts of Penarth, in what is affectionately known as the 'old part' of town.
The children at our school feel safe and secure and are enthusiastic about coming to school. Effort is encouraged across the curriculum and praise given to celebrate success. We are a ‘Values’ school and the children demonstrate excellent behaviour and respect for those around them. We have a strong partnership with our parents and all those involved in our school. Cogan Primary School is a vibrant, caring and fun place to be. Our highly motivated and experienced staff support the children well in their learning and well-being is extremely high. We offer a very high standard of education and positive learning experiences for all our pupils.
If you have any queries or questions, then please don't hesitate to contact us. This website is an introduction to life at Cogan Primary. It shows how our children learn and suggests ways in which you the parents can help.
Mrs S M Sibert
*Encourage Effort: Celebrate Success*
Cogan Primary School is a safe, secure and welcoming community, where all are respected and valued.
In partnership with parents we aim for our children to achieve their personal best: academically, socially and emotionally.
- We focus on our school is an inclusive school; we aim for learning achievement for all children.
- We promote our school being at the heart of the community, we bring together all groups with an interest in the school to work together for our children.
- It encompasses a robust curriculum planning, sound assessment and links with strong performance management to ensure a creative and challenging curriculum.
- It promotes change that plans for short and longer term targets making the best of financial resources to support all our children.
- It strives for good school improvement, raising standards and building a strong team with the capacity to lead others.
- In Cogan School, we aim to provide a safe, stimulating environment in which all children may be motivated towards independence of learning.
- We aim to develop an awareness of the need for self-discipline in learning and social settings and to promote an atmosphere in which a child will feel confident to express opinions on cultural, social, emotional and educational issues.